Examples of businesses that will not be considered for the EntrePass include:
- Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts
- Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges
- Foot reflexology, massage parlours
- Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing
- Employment agencies, geomancy
Who is it for?
Eligible foreign entrepreneurs of any nationality who want to start and operate a new business in Singapore:
You are eligible for an EntrePass if:
- You have (or intend to start) a Singapore private limited company:
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply.
- If you have not registered, you can wait for the outcome of your application before registering.
- Your company has at least $50,000 in paid-up-capital. You need to provide a bank statement that shows at least $50,000 in a Singapore-based company bank account.
- You hold at least 30% of the shares in the company.
- needs to meet at least one of these requirements, which will be assessed on merits:
i) Has funding from a Government-accredited venture capitalist (VC) or business angel
Your company receives funding or investment from a VC or business angel who is accredited by a Singapore Government agency where the company must receive monetary funding of at least $100,000, and you will need to submit a shareholder certificate and other relevant documentation to support your application.
- Contact Singapore – Global Investor Programme
- Economic Development Board Investments
- Infocomm Investment
- National Research Foundation – Early Stage Venture Funding
- SPRING Singapore – SPRING SEEDS, Business Angel Scheme
ii) Holds an intellectual property
Your company holds an intellectual property (IP) that is registered with an approved national IP institution, where:
- One of the shareholders must be the owner of the IP;
- Expired IPs can be considered as long as one of the shareholders is the inventor of the IP; and
- The IP must be related to your proposed business.
iii) Has research collaboration with A*STAR or a university
Your company has an ongoing research collaboration with a research institution recognised by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) or institutes of higher learning in Singapore, where:
- The duration of the research collaboration is not essential.
- The research institution needs to provide a contact person to verify the research collaboration details, which must be related to your proposed business.
- You must be involved with ongoing research collaboration.
- Contract of services is not considered to be research collaboration.
- National Research Foundation – Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise, Research Centres of Excellence
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- A*STAR Research Institutes
iv) Is an existing incubatee at a Government-supported Incubator
Your company is an existing incubatee at a Singapore Government-supported incubator, and your incubatee work must be related to your proposed business.
- National Research Foundation – Technology
- Incubation SchemeMedia Development Authority – iJam
- SPRING Singapore – Incubator Development Programme
Passes for family
Yes, for certain family members if you meet the requirements for pass renewal, minimum business spending and local jobs created.
Any foreign worker levy or quota?
No foreign worker levy or quota required.
Is the Pass renewable?
Yes, upon meeting renewal criterias.
When can renew?
When you receive the renewal form, about 3 months before the pass expires. You need to mail the completed application to us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
Minimum 6 weeks.
VALON can assist you with your Entrepass Application:
- Reviewing your eligibility to apply
- Provide guidance in completing the forms and preparing documents necessary for application
- Preparing the business plan