VALON introduces United States EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
The United States of America boasts a rich and diverse culture, one of the strongest currencies, and one of the most sought-after passports in the world. Through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, applicants can enjoy a host of exclusive benefits including:
- No requirement for language skills and minimum education
- No requirement for business or management experience
- Investment capital may come from gift, inheritance, business ownership or any other lawful activities
- No obligation to live in the area of investment
- The opportunity to live, work and study anywhere in the U.S. and benefit from lower tuition fees
- Inclusion of dependent children under the age of 21
ELIGIBILITY FOR USA EB-5 IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM APPLICATION
You are eligible to apply for USA EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program if you:
(a) Are at least 21 years of age;
(b) Show legal source of assets and funds; and
(c) Choose from one of the available investment options.
- Creation of a new U.S. Enterprise
To be eligible for this investment option, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$1 million in a new commercial enterprise, or US$500,000 if that enterprise is in a targeted commercial area, which includes rural areas or areas with unemployment of at least 150 percent that of the national average;
- Create full-time employment for at least 10 qualified U.S. workers, who must be direct employees of the commercial enterprise;
- Actively manage the day-to-day activities and/or policy formulation of the enterprise.
- Invest in a regional center
Regional centers are investment opportunities that have been pre-approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). To be eligible for this investment option, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Make an investment of US$500,000
- The enterprise must create full-time employment for at least 10 qualified U.S. workers, where indirect employment is permitted;
- Active management of the enterprise is not required.
If you are a non-conditional Green Card holder for at least five years, you can apply for naturalization if you meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over your place of residence for at least three months prior to the application;
- Have continuous residence in the U.S. as a Green Card holder for at least five years immediately preceding the application;
- Be physically present in the U.S. for at least 30 months out of the five years (60 months) immediately preceding the application;
- Reside continuously within the U.S. from the date of application for naturalization up to the time of naturalization;
- Be able to read, write and speak English, and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (civics);
- Be a person of good moral character, in keeping with the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during all relevant periods under the law.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR EB-5 IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
- Applicant selects an investment option and starts application preparation. Advisory and legal fees are due at this stage. Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) license may be required for some nationalities.
- Applicant transfers investment and Regional Center fee into a nominated escrow account.
- Immigrant Petition by an Alien Entrepreneur application (I-526) is lodged with USA National Visa Center (NVC).
- Immigrant Petition is approved by U.S. authorities.
- Visa application (DS-230) is lodged with local U.S. consular mission or embassy. Applicant and family may be subject to biometric tests.
- Medical and health screening.
- An interview with the applicant may be requested and conducted. All original documents should be available.
- Visa is approved and stamped in applicant’s passport. Conditional EB-5 is issued. Applicant and family must enter the U.S. within 180 days.
VALON can be your resource and business partner in Asia. Should you wish to receive more detailed information on VALON, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This publication does not provide financial, legal or tax or advice of any kind, and VALON cannot guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information in this publication current, VALON make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained herein. Nothing on this publication should be used as a substitute for the advice of a third party. VALON assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained herein and disclaim all liability in respect to such information. You should not act upon information in this publication without seeking professional advice.