Trademark Registration is important in protecting the identity of your business.
VALON can assist you with trademark search and trademark registration, opposition and renewal.
Intellectual Property (IP) refers to the creations of the human minds for which exclusive rights are recognised. For example, business owners are granted exclusive rights on the use of their trade marks and geographical indications which were established by them.
A trade mark:
- is a sign or your identity that you can use to identify and distinguish your business’ goods or services from others. A trade mark can be a letter, number, word, phrase, sound, smell, shape, logo, picture, aspect of packaging or any combination of these.
- can be represented graphically in the form of your company’s logo or a signature.
Through a registered trade mark, you can protect your brand (or “mark”) by restricting other people from using its name or logo.
Before you register your trade mark, consider:
- if a trade mark is the right choice
- the marks and signs that are prohibited, and
- the benefits of registering a trade mark